Vegan Tofu and Spinach Scramble:
Vegan Tofu and Spinach Scramble ingredients
- 1 14-oz package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1 parts separated, white
- 5 of fresh spinach, chopped (5 packed cups)
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Combine tofu, turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne use in a medium bowl. Toss well to combine and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring, until soft, about 1 minute. Add the bean curd mixture and cook, stirring sometimes, till the bean curd is gently brunet and resembles disorganized eggs, regarding five minutes.
- spinach, juice, and one/2 teaspoon salt and stir until the spinach is limp concerning 1 minute. Add tomatoes and scallion greens and stir till the tomatoes are simply heated through and start to melt concerning one minute. take away from the warmth, basil and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper.