Blistered Green Beans with Spicy Chile Sauce
Blistered Green Beans with Spicy Chile Sauce ingredients
- Kosher salt
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup Garlic Oil, recipe follows
- 2 Tbsp red chile paste, such as gochujang
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Bring an oversized pot of water to a boil and season liberally with salt. Prepare associate degree ice bathtub in a very massive bowl. Blanch the inexperienced beans within the boiling water till tender however still crisp, regarding two minutes. Drain and like a shot shock within the ice bathtub. Drain the beans and pat dry well.
- Add the Garlic Oil, chile paste, honey and salt to style to an oversized bowl. Add the inexperienced beans and toss to coat. Transfer to a pair of baking sheets and broil till brown and injured in spots, five to seven minutes. Serve straight off.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan. Turn the warmth to medium-low and gently poach the garlic for five minutes; the oil ought to be at an awfully blank simmer however not boiling, otherwise, the garlic can burn. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Once cool, discard the garlic.